1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 12-25-2018 & 1-1-2019

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    It is right as there are only 19 4K/UHD titles among the 264 titles that are discounted by 15%.

2. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    I did a search for 4K movies in the app. Many, many more than 19. One up with the Save 15% on select movies tag.

I just scanned the first 24 4K titles I have. 17 came up with the 15% offer-Air Force One through Dark Knight Rises. It is not possible there are only 19 if the scanner can be believed.

3. Robert Crawford

Robert
    You’re right, their site is crazy when I click on that 15% off icon it brings up just 264 titles across the three disc formats. However, if I search by each format like 4K or Blu-ray, it brings up many more titles.

Jason_V likes this.
  4. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    I went to Target this morning prior to reading Robert's post and I bought Bad Times at the El Royale and Juliet, Naked, assuming that since they were movies, the coupon would apply to them.

I just checked the receipt and they did in fact give me the discount on both.

Whether they're actually included in the sale, or whether the cashier did that manually because I said I had a coupon that I believed should work for all movies, I don't know. But it worked out for me.

Also, even though I went mid-morning, and Bad Times at the El Royale has only been out since today, they were already out of 4K copies. I saw a spot on the shelf designated for it with the $24.99 price sticker next to the DVD and Blu-ray editions, but it was empty. So either they didn't get a lot in to begin with, or a lot of other people have been in there this morning to pick up the 4K. I only needed the Blu-ray, so I got it without issue, but I noticed the absence of the 4K from the shelf.

5. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    The sign in the store said "new releases not included" whatever that means. I assume within the last few weeks

Jason_V likes this.
  6. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Right, "Bad Times at the El Royale" isn't among the titles that are getting that 15% discount off. 4K titles like "The Lion King" and "Equalizer 2" will have that 15% discount.

Jason_V likes this.
  7. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    Well, then I got lucky and they did it for me anyway, because my receipt clearly recorded the discount.

Still a good deal if you want any of the participating titles and can work out what they are.

8. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    I almost headed to Target yesterday afternoon to get the titles I wanted. Almost. I'll go on Friday, which was my plan all along. If the two local Target's are out of what I want, then I'm doing a little farther south on Saturday and have three more stores available there.